Wednesday, March 16, 2011

For My Friends in Japan


This ASTOUNDING entry was created by Kiyoko Yoshikawa of Kyoto. Positively famous in some international knitting circles for her amazing little book, FOOD KNITS, a few years ago Kiyoko turned her needles to knitting up animals - this one, for the sportswear company Descente.

Feeling utterly useless from this distance of thousands of miles, I virtually offer this extraordinary handmade penguin today in honor of all my friends in Japan – those I've heard from and know to be safe, and those from whom we are still awaiting word.  And much love and optimistic wishes to all.

2 comments:

jafabrit said...

:( Not the image, it's beautiful, but my heart is breaking as I watch the news.

Unknown said...

It's been pretty devastating to watch, I agree, with no respite in sight...